13 Things About Me
1. I was an apprentice at Jamie Olivers Fifteen London back in 2010.
2. If I had to describe myself in 3 words I would choose the words “Caring, sensitive and rebellious”.
3. I can be bit of an anarchist and this shows up in my cooking, I don’t like to follow recipes, and rarely ever do!
3 1/2. I love cooking with music: 70’s rock and roll, Indie (Ben Howard, Jose Gonzalez and Villagers) are a few of my favourites.
4. My 3 favourite foods of the moment are: sourdough bread, pasta and Ramen with homemade noodles!
5. I have been living in Barcelona since the end of 2016 and speak Spanish.
6. I am extremely passionate about philosophical/spiritual matters. Eckhart Tolle’s book ‘The Power Of Now’ drastically changed my perspective on life during a depressive period in 2014.
7. I am a middle child and have two gorgeous sisters.
8. I started following a vegan lifestyle in January 2016 and as a result I enjoy food and cooking more than ever!
9. The most radical thing I have ever done was motorbiking around the Indian Himalayas for 5 months. I learnt to drive the motorbike in 7 days in a quiet town and off I went.
10. I believe that all beings — humans and animals — deserve to be happy and free. I see the planet as a living being.
11. In my opinion the most powerful thing one can do to make positive change is to work on themselves (emotionally and spiritually).
12. I was raised by my godfather Pete who is like a father to me, he is also my main source of inspiration. One of my desires is to make him proud of me (he says he already is!) 😀
13. Favourite quote of the moment: ‘“Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” — Rumi
My intention for this blog is to inspire and empower people to cook healthy, tasty and cruelty-free food at home, for their friends and loved ones. Our food choices today are of great importance to the future of the planet and all of life.