Every blog needs a banana bread recipe. A few weeks ago I was experimenting with eating no gluten, during that time period I tried to make a gluten free banana bread. The first one that came out of the oven was delicious! I continued making it again and again because I enjoyed it so much, I even cooked it everyday at a yoga retreat I catered for last week!
This banana bread is made with oat flour (which is simply finely ground oats) and bananas as the main ingredients. It is perfect for a breakfast or with a coffee, dessert or an afternoon tea time snack.
If you make this recipe one time you wont stop making it, its super easy to make and doesn’t require too many ingredients that you wouldn’t already have at home.
One last thing I want to mention here is that the quantities for this recipe are perfect for a 20,3 cm x 10 cm mould. If you have a smaller mould or cake tin you will need to adjust it to fit the size of your mould/cake tin.
Here we go!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
4 large ripe bananas
300g oat flour
150g coconut sugar (or any sugar you have)
150ml oat milk
3 tbsp ground flaxseeds (mixed with 8 tbsp water to make flax egg)
70g coconut oil (melted) or vegetable oil
2 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
50g chopped chocolate (optional)
1. Mash bananas in a mixing bowl with a fork.
2. Add the milk, the coconut oil and the flax egg to the mashed banana.
3. Mix all the dried ingredients in a separate bowl and add to the banana mix then mix all ingredients together well.
4. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Pour the mix into a baking tin or cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. When a knife comes out relatively dry it is ready.
5. Leave to cool for 10 minutes and then flip out the bread onto a cooling rack to finish the cool down process.
Slice and serve with your favourite warm drink, this recipe tastes especially good when shared!