Its my pleasure to share this lovely, healthy and super refreshing tart with ya’ll, just in time for the summer heat! Its a raw cake so you don’t need to bake it!
This tart is healthier than most tarts because its sugar free and also the main source of fat comes from soaked cashews, although there is a bit of extra virgin coconut oil to firm it up a bit!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Avocado Lime Tart Recipe
75g rolled oats
75g peeled whole almonds
90g pitted dates
1 tbsp coconut oil (optional)
1. Blend the oats, the almonds and the salt in a food processor until you reach crumb consistency, then add in the dates and blend until the mix begins to stick in between two fingers when pressed together. If it doesnt stick then you can add the coconut oil and pulse for 5-10 seconds and try the press test again.
2. Press the base into a non stick pop out cake tin. Flatten it with your hands and then press down firmly with your fingers to make the base as flat and evenly spread as possible, you can go over the base with a spoon to make it extra smooth.
3. Place the tin in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the filling is ready.
150g raw cashew nuts (soaked for 4 hours and drained)
150g agave syrup
100g lime or lemon juice
100g extra virgin coconut oil
1 tsp shiro or white miso (optional)
1. Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth and then transfer into the cake tin, on top of the almond base. For the filling its important to use a high speed blender to blend the cashews until they’re nice and smooth.
2. You may wish to bang the tin on the surface to flatten the filling, alternatively you can use a spatula to evenly flatten it.
3. Place it in the freezer for 3-4 hours. When you take it out the freezer you should cut gently around the top of the cake to help the filling release from the cake mould.
4. Serve it immediately as it will start to melt as soon as its exposed to summer heat! I served mine with a berry coulis (cherries blended with a bit of coconut oil and then refrigerated to thicken).